About Richboro

This Hudswell Clarke 0-6-0T was built in 1917 for the Port of London Authority and named Richboro', although it was delivered to the Director of Inland Waterways and Docks.

It was sold to W Craig & Sons, Ifton Colliery in Shropshire in 1928 and then transferred to the National Coal Board in January, 1947.  After storage at Gresford Colliery it moved to Llangollen, where it stood outside the Dapol factory for a number of years.

It was bought by one of our volunteers who restored it before moving it to the Bo'ness & Kinneil Railway in Scotland for a short time. Finally, in 2012 this private owner loaned this wonderful loco to the Aln Valley Railway where she has undergone a boiler overhaul.

Richboro' is fully operational and in regular use transporting our visitors.

Current situation

Richboro' has been at the Aln Valley Railway for 5 years and has proven to be a very popular attraction. As part of the loan agreement with the owner, she has been kept in full working order and has been stored under cover when not in use. As previously mentioned, Richboro' underwent a major boiler overhaul during the winter of 2015/16 and has been regularly maintained by our knowledgeable volunteers.

Since her boiler overhaul, she has provided the power to transport more than 6,000 delighted passengers. The owner is now willing to allow us to purchase this valuable locomotive which would secure the future of Richboro' at Lionheart Station.

 

 

© 2018 Aln Valley Railway Trust - Registered Charity no: 1063332