Certificate of Excellence 2018

Sponsor a Sleeper - Donate - Part 1

Please complete the form below. All our online donations are handled securely by Paypal. You can either pay directly by Paypal or use your Visa, Visa Electron, Mastercard, Switch, Delta, Solo or Maestro card.

You will receive your certificate and ticket within 28 days. For urgent delivery (e.g. for an anniversary) or any queries, please contact our Treasurer, Tom Spence, on 01665 572028.

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) must be filled in.

Please enter the name and address of the holder of the card to be used in this transaction.

Enter your full postal address not including postcode

Gift Aid It!

Did you know that if you are a UK taxpayer, you can increase the value of your donation at no extra cost to you? Thanks to the Government’s Gift Aid scheme, we can claim back an extra 25p for every £1 you donate. That means for every £100 donated, we could make £125! All you have to do is to agree with the statement below and to indicate your permission by ticking relevant box. We'll do the rest.


"I confirm I have paid or will pay an amount of Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax for the current tax year (6 April to 5 April) that is at least equal to the amount of tax that all the charities and Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASCs) that I donate to will reclaim on my gifts for the current tax year. I understand that other taxes such as VAT and Council Tax do not qualify. I understand the Aln Valley Railway will reclaim 25p of tax on every £1 that I have given."


Gift Aid Information

This is a very important way for us to receive a higher amount into our funds at no extra cost to you.

To qualify for Gift Aid, you must pay an amount of UK Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax at least equal to the tax that the charity reclaims on your donations in the appropriate tax year (currently 25p for each £1 given). Tax year is 6 April one year to 5 April the next.

When to get in touch

Please notify the Aln Valley Railway if you:

  • Want to cancel a Gift Aid declaration that you have previously made
  • Change your name or home address
  • No longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains.

Higher rate tax payers

If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code.

Aln Valley Railway Trust

The Aln Valley Railway Trust is a registered charity number 1063332.

Powered by ChronoForms -

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

  I accept cookies from this site.
EU Cookie Directive Module Information