What information do we collect?
We do not collect identifiable personal information when you visit our website unless you choose to provide that information to us, thereby giving us permission to use that information to complete your enquiry.
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, fill out a form or donate money. This may include:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation);
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services (including name, address, postcode, and purchase history);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including name and email address);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters (including name and email address);
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
What do we use your information for?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To provide you with the goods and/or services you have requested from us
- For processing Gift Aid claims
- We may use the information to improve our offerings
- We may periodically send promotional communications through email or post, to include the impact your support has made, requests for further support, activities taking place at the Aln Valley Railway, invitations to join us at events, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting
- We may use your information to contact you for market research purposes. This may be by email, phone or post.
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering a purchased product or service requested.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future communications, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email, and information on our printed communications.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
Data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
A cookie is a small file stored on your computer or device, which enables our website to identify your computer or device as you view our website pages. Cookies allow websites to store your preferences and track how websites are used.
- Record website usage data
- Identify whether you are signed into our website
- Test content on our website
- Store information about your preferences
- Recognise when you return to our website.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We will not share your personal information with or sell it to third-party marketers.
We may use the following third-party service providers named below to process and store your data:
We will not share your personal information with or sell it to any other third-party unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Links and advertisements
Our website contains links to other sites. We do not partner with or have special relationships with any advertising companies. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave this site and to read the privacy statements of websites that collect personally identifiable information.
This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website.
Changes to personal information
If your personally identifiable information changes, such as your phone or e-mail, and you re subscribed to our newsletter mailing list, you can change your details via the link provided at the bottom of the newsletter emails we send you. Alternatively, you can notify us using our contact page or via email.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. This is known as a Subject Access Request. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport or photo Driving Licence plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law. You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes us. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
You may request us to erase your personal data. We will comply with your request to the extent required for compliance with legal and other processes
You may request that we correct any incorrect data that we hold about you.
The Data Controller responsible in respect of the information collected on this website is the Aln Valley Railway Trust.
The Aln Valley Railway Trust is registered with the Information Commissioner. Our data protection registration number is ZA224474.
For any queries relating to data protection at the Aln Valley Railway please contact:
Aln Valley Railway Trust
Lionheart Enterprise Park